Spring might be the best time to visit Phoenix. Here are our top 10 reasons why.
- The average high temperature is 70 degrees (21 Celsius) in February, 75 degrees (24 C) in March, and 83 degrees (28 C) in April.
- Cactus League Spring Training has games scheduled every day in March
- A daytrip to the Grand Canyon won’t include summer crowds.
- Resort swimming pools.
- Blooming cactuses and wildflowers reveal why the Sonoran Desert is among the lushest deserts in the world.
- It’s food-festival season. Taste the best of Phoenix at events like the Devoured Culinary Classic.
- River sports. Spring is the prime season for kayaking, canyoneering and paddle boarding.
- Dining outdoors. One dinner under the springtime sun or stars, and you’ll understand why so many of Phoenix’s restaurants have patios.
- Golf. Phoenix’s signature desert courses are in pristine condition.
- The lack of April showers. It rains about an inch all spring, so don’t bother packing your umbrella.